The last few years have seen a sea of changes in business intelligence BI. The proliferation of data and advances in technologies are pushing the pace of innovation. Here are 10 BI trends to watch for in the months ahead.
- Big data gets even bigger
- Self-reliance is the new self-service
- The “Consumerization of Enterprise Software” accelerates
- Mobile BI goes mainstream
- Some companies start to get comfortable with social BI
- Companies explore the BI cloud
- Most jobs will require analytical skills… leading to talent shortages
- BI projects flourish under aligned IT & business
- Interactive data visualization becomes a requirement
- Hadoop gathers momentum – unstructured data isn’t going anywhere
via 10 Business Intelligence Trends for 2012 | Tableau Software.